Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NCAA Men's Tournament: Second Round Analysis


Sportsweezy bracket

Challenge me or copy me on ESPN: Printable Bracket

SECOND ROUND ANALYSIS

The second round or Sat/Sun games offer much more difficulty in terms of predictions. But I will continue to rely on statistics. Therefore all my #1 seeds (88% winning percentage over tournament history) are moving on: Lousville, Kansas, Indiana and Gonzaga. All four #2 seeds will NOT make it to the Third Round (Sweet Sixteen! So pick an upset of a #2 seed somewhere in your bracket. I am going to focus on the other games. Keep in mind the following analysis is specific to my bracket.

MIDWEST

#4 St Louis vs #5 Oklahoma St (OSU has too much athleticism but you gotta love that they watched the selection show at a Best Buy!)

#3 Michigan St vs #6 Memphis (There is a strong chance Memphis loses their first round matchup but even if they make it this far, Mich St is too strong a team)

#2 Duke vs #7 Creighton (Duke lost to Lehigh last year, I would hope these wannabe Ivy Leaguers would learn from that, ugghhh Duke)

SOUTH

#4 Michigan vs #5 VCU (I'm taking Michigan in this one because of their great guard play, plus I always liked Wolverine from X-Men)

#3 Florida vs #11 Minnesota (Minnesota was a .500 team in the Big Ten, I think their form holds true in the tournament, Gator CHOMP)

#2 Georgetown vs #7 San Diego St (SDSU had to travel 3,000 miles and play 2 games in quick succession, Georgetown is a 2 hour drive from Philadelphia. I'll take the Hoyas)

WEST

#4 Kansas St vs #5 Wisconsin (Kansas St still does not know their first round opponent so they are scouting 2 teams and the winner of Wisconsin/Ole Miss. I don't think they have time to prepare. Pick Wisconsin).

#3 New Mexico vs #11 Belmont (Belmont upsets Arizona but 'hey MAN New Mexico don't play that JACK', Go Lobos).

#2 Ohio St vs #10 Iowa St (OSU, Aaron Craft are too much for ISU, Buckeyes are actually extremely poisonous if eaten raw, it all adds up to an OSU win)

EAST

#4 Syracuse vs #5 UNLV (This is a toss up, so I'm going with the team that plays in the tougher conference and traveled less. Syracuse).

#11 Bucknell vs #14 Davidson (Battle of the mid-majors, I'm taking Bucknell and here is why)

#2 Miami vs #10 Colorado (Miami is the first #2 seed to go down, the 'Baby Buffs' youth wins out here -- Colorado wins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment